1st Team Recruitment, was formed in 2007 and is a member only recruitment service dedicated to OSH and Fire Safety Industry sectors. It’s sole purpose is to match job requirements to the right person for that job. To this end – we continue to strive toward finding our clients the best employees and our members the best positions…
Whether you are an Employer or a qualified person looking for your next contract; 1st Team is your first landmark.
Posted: 9 March, 2016
Organization: 1st team Solutions
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Participate in / lead a team engaged in rescue / firefighting /emergency activities with the proper use of fire, safety and lifesaving equipment / systems.
- Overview, monitor, and enable preventive maintenance & inspection on the various types of, portable gas detection appliances, fire, safety and lifesaving equipment which includes complete checks, servicing, repairing and supervising contracted assistants while undertaking maintenance work.
- Control periodical inspection on fixed extinguishing systems (Novec, CO2, deluges, sprinklers, water, foam and dry powder), inspect, test and maintain fire hoses, hydrants, monitors, isolation valves and couplings.
- Participate with leading roles in regular safety firefighting, gas release, and Oil spill Mitigations / emergency drills and practical training / Emergency Team Members on the proper use of the fixed, portable and mobile firefighting equipment and systems and commanding fire fighters and rescue teams with a dynamic fire risk assessment techniques. Provide training, liaison methods & guidance of fire, safety and Rescue to the On-Scene-Commander on Islands and related Satellite.
- Overview inspection and basic maintenance of the personnel safety equipment; e.g. breathing apparatus, escape sets, portable gas monitors, safety harnesses and protective personal equipment.
- Supervise and operate the available breathing air filling units & follow up necessary maintenance schedules, and inspection of units and perform quarterly sampling on produced breathing air for quality test, and maintain regular records & report to Team Leader.
- Ensure all primary detection safety devices / monitoring instruments & equipment are always in operable conditions prior and during hot works and critical / risky activities such as hot works on live equipment / pipelines, vessel entries, pigging operations, structure repairs, plant modification, etc. & Keep the control over scheduled re-certification, and the repair/calibration of Hydrocarbon and toxic gas detectors.
- As required, Prepare Annual Operating Budget for UZ-HSE based on optimized requirements with close coordination with Fire Officer at UZCC
- Follow up and give guidance to all Fire technicians in Islands and satellites as required and pursue their training requirements aspects.
- Assist in in-house practical training on the use of fire, safety & lifesaving and evacuation appliances / equipment & prepare the breathing apparatus / escape sets ready for training & use.
- Records maintenance & updating for fire/safety equipment maintenance, inspection, testing and inventory.
- Participate in prepare related operating procedures, comments on emergency plans, and conducts related safe Job Analysis in area of responsibility.
- Participate in housekeeping campaigns and lead implementation of waste segregation & disposal practices on the islands.
- Actively Participate in HSE certification / surveillance exercises (e.g. Fire saving audits, OHSAS 18001, and ISO 14001, Fire Team Assessments by third parties).
- Conduct Emergency Team training on various scenarios per Islands Emergency procedures (Scenarios building, implementing, debriefing, post competency training, recording and reporting).
- Actively participate in developing careers of UAE Fire & safety Technicians & Officers according to set PDP and CAM plans.
- Directly responsible for the On Job training of new Fire technicians, emergency response Teams & Helicopter attendants. And the follow up National developees till integration according to pre-planned PDP.
- Assist in promoting HSE awareness campaigns and logistical preparations / internal auditing for OHSAS 18001and EMS 14001 main and surveillance Certifications.
- During his absence, if asked by UZ-HSE T/L to act in the capacity of a Island HSE Engineer to assume his routine day to day duties at the Islands ensuring all the safety conditions and requirements are implemented.
Requirements: A minimum of two years specialized safety diploma Extensive firefighting and fire preventive training and practice with associated certification equivalent to 2 year's full time. Dynamic Fire Risk Assessment is a mandatory pre-requisite. 10 years' experience as a Fire & safety officer with a wide background on fire prevention / firefighting & emergency response, out of which 3 years min. serving at offshore locations at similar post. A Chemistry Bachelor degree holder or equivalent in an Engineering / Technical discipline or equivalent. 7 years' experience in firefighting and fire prevention in Petroleum Industry. Valid UAE driving license, both heavy and light.