1st Team Recruitment, was formed in 2007 and is a member only recruitment service dedicated to OSH and Fire Safety Industry sectors. It’s sole purpose is to match job requirements to the right person for that job. To this end – we continue to strive toward finding our clients the best employees and our members the best positions…
Whether you are an Employer or a qualified person looking for your next contract; 1st Team is your first landmark.
Posted: 9 March, 2016
Organization: 1st Team Solutions
Location: Abu Dhabi
- Perform preventive maintenance on the various types of fire, safety and lifesaving equipment which includes complete checks, servicing, repairing and supervising contracted assistants while undertaking maintenance work and also conduct preventive maintenance and periodical checks on fixed extinguishing systems (Halon, CO2, deluges, sprinklers, water foam and dry power), Inspect, test and maintain fire hoses, hydrants, monitors, isolation valves and couplings.
- In understanding process systems, related Cause and Effect Charts, and principals of risk Assessment techniques and Permit To Work System & Mechanical / Electrical Isolation to confined space entry, naked flame works on life process systems, critical lifting, operations, loading/unloading of dangerous cargos, in following up systematic check lists, Job safety analysis recommendations, various isolation requirements dictated by Permit To work System, with full authority to watching, guiding and halting involved working groups and to stop any activity seen breaching HSE requirements & report status to immediate supervisors.
- Participate in regular firefighting/emergency drills and various Fire, Gas release and explosion exercises and briefing auxiliary firemen on the proper use of the fixed, portable and mobile firefighting equipment and systems.
- Conduct required daily calibrations for portable gas detection devices prior to field use and Conduct required hydrocarbon gas / toxic gas monitoring & be conversant with such environment operating and emergency procedures.
- Conduct primary safety auditing on abidance to Permit To Work application by performers and produce necessary Near Miss Reporting and Best Initiatives.
- Perform basic checks and maintenance of the essential lifesaving support e.g. breathing apparatus, safety belts and harnesses and protective personal equipment.
- Operate and test lifesaving equipment such as life boats, life raft davits in addition to their basic maintenance. Act, when required, as a life boat coxswain for evacuation of personnel during emergencies/drills and also Operate, Monitor and Call for maintenance of, the breathing air filling station based on preventive maintenance schedules & perform refilling personnel SCUBA cylinders with full responsibility.
- Actively participate and also assist immediate supervisor in training requirements for Life Boat Captains / Emergency Response Teams / Helicopters Fire Fighting training and firefighting Training courses.
- Carry out administrative duties such as initiating work permits for Fire and gas Response Equipment and Lifesaving Equipment, filling pre-designed forms and reports on fire/safety equipment maintenance, inspection, testing and inventory.
Requirements: Completion of Secondary technical education (12 years) or equivalent, with 5 years practical experience in firefighting and lifesaving activities in offshore oil/gas production or oil marine tankers companies' using modern firefighting/lifesaving methods and equipment. OR ATI plus Fire Safety specialized graduates with direct vocational specialized training of a minimum of 2 years. In all above cases, English Language proficiency is one of the principal pre-requisites.